Are you stuck in a flurry of fear, frustration, anxiety and inner conflict?
Whenever we strive for BIG goals, whether it’s a promotion, new income or business goal, or a health or fitness goal, fear and resistance shows up and can stop us in our tracks.
While this can be incredibly uncomfortable, it’s actually a good sign that things are shifting! The ego is simply trying to protect you from a perceived threat.
When we up-level in any area of our life, we have to take new action, which is usually outside of our comfort zone. Fear and resistance shows up because we have shifted out of our old vibrational state but are not quite at our new new vibrational state. Anything not in alignment with the new vibrational state shows up, such as limiting thoughts, beliefs and behaviours, stagnating situations and relationships, and it’s a great opportunity for you to examine and transform these to reflect the new circumstances you are wanting to create.
Fear and egoic resistance are a normal part of any major change. In fact, if you don’t feel some fear and resistance, then your goal or intention is not big enough! The problem is, that many of us get so caught up in the flurry of fear, that we end up going back to where we started. Think of the crowded gym on new years day, which has usually settled to its normal crowd by March.
In order to transition through fear storms and egoic resistance in order to reach your new vibrational state, here are some tips:
1. Know that fear and egoic resistance is always going to show up when you create big goals. This lasts usually 2 to 4 weeks depending on the up-level. That’s why it’s recommended to stick at a new behaviour for 21-days in order to ingrain a new habit.
2. Take continued action, otherwise you risk procrastination. Often we may not even know what action to take, but keep moving to maintain momentum. In fact, if you get insights of the next action steps, take them straight away (or write them down) before you can talk yourself out of it.
3. Acknowledge persistent limiting beliefs. Better to own them rather them own you. Sometimes the “I can’t do this,” or the, “I’m not good/smart/deserving/worthy enough” thoughts pop up. Acknowledge them. Accept them. Talk to someone about them. Reframe them. Keep moving.
4. Do something new. Try a new coffee shop, a different exercise class, or even do something you’ve never done before. Going beyond your normal environment ‘short-circuits’ your mind out of fear and resistance temporarily to allow actionable insights to flow.
5. Do Yoga. Yoga helps balance your endocrine system which regulate our hormones, adrenals, and emotions, helping you achieve inner calm.
6. Get support. Especially for big shifts, whether it be from family, friend, or a coach, someone who can see objectivity when you can’t.
7. Be aware and observe synchronicity’s. Weird stuff may happen or show up. This is because you are shifting your vibrational state. Anything new maybe a gateway to a new opportunity.
Remember, “if you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got”. There is a difference between up-leveling in a big way and doing a different version of the same thing!