Whenever we strive for BIG goals that align with our Soul purpose, whether it’s a promotion, new income or business goal, or a health or fitness goal, fear and resistance shows up and can stop us in our tracks.
While this can be incredibly uncomfortable, it’s actually a good sign that things are shifting and alignment is taking place towards our Soul purpose. The ego is simply trying to protect you from a perceived threat. When we up-level in any area of our life, we have to take new action, which is usually outside of our comfort zone. Fear and resistance shows up because we have shifted out of our old vibrational state but are not quite at our new new vibrational state. Anything not in alignment with the new vibrational state and Soul purpose comes up, such as limiting thoughts and beliefs, and it’s a great opportunity for you to clear these and create new empowering choices.
Fear and egoic resistance are a normal part of major change and aligning with your Soul purpose. In fact, if you don’t feel some fear and resistance, then your goal or intention is not big enough! The problem is, that many of us get so caught up in the fear, that we end up going back to where we started. Think of the crowded gym on new years day, which has usually settled to its normal crowd by March.
In order to transition through fear storms and egoic resistance in order to reach your new vibrational state and further align with your Soul purpose, here are some tips to consider:
1. Know that fear and egoic resistance is always going to show up when you create big goals that align with your Soul purpose. This lasts usually 2 to 4 weeks depending on the up-level. That’s why it’s recommended to stick at a new behaviour for 21-days in order to ingrain a new habit.
2. Take continued action, otherwise you risk procrastination. Often we may not even know what action to take, but keep moving to maintain momentum. In fact, if you get insights of the next action steps, take them straight away before you can talk yourself out of it.
3. Acknowledge persistent limiting beliefs. Better to own them rather them own you. Sometimes the “I can’t do this,” or the, “I’m not good/smart/deserving/worthy enough” thoughts pop up. Acknowledge them. Accept them. Talk to someone about them. Clear them. Keep moving.
4. Do something different each day, like try a new coffee shop, a different exercise class, or even do something you’ve never done before. Going beyond your normal environment opens you up to your higher mind.
5. Do Yoga. Yoga helps balance your endocrine system (which regulate our hormones, adrenals, emotions), which is the intersection between our mind and body.
6. Get support. Especially for big shifts, whether it be from family, friend, or a coach, someone who can see objectivity when you can’t.
7. Be aware and observe synchronicity’s. Weird stuff may happen or show up. This is because you are shifting your vibrational state. Anything new maybe a gateway to a new opportunity.
Remember, “if you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got”. There is a difference in up-leveling in a big way and doing a different version of the same thing, and if your don’t, your Soul purpose will keep nagging you to alignment 😉